What is an Art Journal?
It's a book or a journal or a diary. It can be store-bought handmade or a book that you alter. Record memories, observe life, sort out your thoughts, explore your creativity, express your faith, it is completely up to you. One of he many joys of art journaling is that there are no limits. We've all kept a journal or diary at some point in life, and this is the same idea, but instead of using only words, we add colors and textures and papers in collages that can highlight your thoughts or keep them completely private.
We offer a free Intro to Art Journaling class every 3 months, (and soon to be online) which is a great way to try it out.
New! Art Journaling Courses
I find that having a theme for an art journal helps me stay focused and even helps me find inspiration. We've just added some courses to our Studio Schedule for you to choose from if you'd like to jump in to Art Journaling, or you just want to start a new one.
- Creative Self Care with Art Journaling: This is a 6-week course that meets in the studio on Fridays from 12:00-1:30pm
- Art Journal Your Life Story This is a 6-week course that meets in the studio on Saturdays from 1:00pm - 2:30pm
- Art Journal Bible Series:
- This is a 4-week ONLINE course that meets on Wednesdays from 12:00-1:30pm.
- Creative Self Care with Art Journaling ONLINE This is a 6-week course that meets ONLINE Thursdays from 12:00-1:30pm
Please email me if you would like to be on the wait list for our next round of classes, beginning in December.
WAIT, there's more coming! The courses listed above will repeat every 2 months, AND there are more courses on the way!
- Travel Art Journal (4 week course)
- Altered Book Art Journal ( 4 week course)
- Build Your Own Journal & Fill It (Half-day workshop)
- Art Journal Field Trips (4 hour excursions with your Art Journal, friends and a snack)
- Art Journal through "The Artists Way" by Julia Cameron (12 week course)
If you are not on our email list, I urge you to join so you'll be the first to know when we add these all to the schedule. All the in-studio and excursion courses are limited in size for now, so they will fill up fast.